Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.people.silversurfers,uk.tech.broadcast,uk.tech.digital-tv
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default patronising digital advert

In article , Max Demian
scribeth thus
"dennis@home" wrote in message
"Java Jive" wrote in message
On Mon, 31 Aug 2009 23:16:24 +0100, geoff wrote:

In message , Cash
?.?.?.?.?.?.?.?.?.?.?.?.?.?@?.?.?.?.?.?.?.?.?.?.? .?.?.?.?.//.com.invalid
writes

And *WHAT* were your thoughts on 'oldies' when you were in your teens,
twenties, thirties - and possibly forties when you were showing them
how to
use that new fangled invention called the video recorder - or even
early
mobile phones? ;-)

Actually, in my day it was hifi, but, while they needed some advice on
what technical specifications (remember them?) constituted hifi, none
of my parents had any difficulty at all in using such things.

I would have thought that setting up a hi-fi turntable and understanding the
need for a different input for a magnetic cartridge would have flummoxed
most people in the 70s.

HiFi is something the youth of today fail to understand.
They wouldn't buy mp3 players if they knew anything about HiFi.

Run of the mill audio is much better quality (wrt bass, treble and noise)
than was common in the past, at least electrically. A cheapy MP3 player
connected via the headphone socket to a hi-fi amp and speakers is almost as
good as CD.

Should get your hearing checked;!..
--
Tony Sayer