Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default "Smart" meters can save the power company

larry/dallas wrote:

At least the rest of you will be on par with our Texas highest "power
of choice" electric rates in the US brought to us by Bush and Wood,
just before they packed off to DC some 9 years ago. beware of
politicians helpin' you out ;-)

Texas is not the highest - we're somewhere in the middle (#36 out of 51).
http://www.neo.ne.gov/statshtml/115.htm

Texas is, however, a special case. We are not connected to the national
grid*. It costs a bit more, sometimes, to assert one's independence.

* There's a teeny interconnection near Longview via Louisiana and another on
the Oklahoma border. Both are inconsequential. Other than that, the rest of
the nation can go dark and it won't affect us.