Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.people.silversurfers,uk.tech.broadcast,uk.tech.digital-tv
Tony Bryer Tony Bryer is offline

Default patronising digital advert

On Mon, 31 Aug 2009 21:12:28 +0100 Cash wrote :
And *WHAT* were your thoughts on 'oldies' when you were in your teens,
twenties, thirties - and possibly forties when you were showing them
how to use that new fangled invention called the video recorder - or
even early mobile phones? ;-)

So true. In the sixth form we had a class in marketing, business or
somesuch, meant to widen our perspectives beyond our A-level subjects.
Our teacher was 60ish and it was extraordinary to us that he might
understand the then new Dolby system, let alone be able to explain to us.

The original author of what is now my ProSteel program still provides
background advice and a second opinion when needed. He's just bought a
laptop so he can work on his computer programming in the garden of his
residential home. Pretty good for 90 next birthday!

--
Tony Bryer, 'Software to build on' from Greentram
www.superbeam.co.uk www.superbeam.com www.greentram.com