Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT - question about B&S OHV engine

Denis G. wrote:
For the sake of saving space in my shed, I made the mistake of hanging
my Honda lawnmower on the shed wall for the winter so that the
normally vertical engine was horizontal. The carb flooded with oil.
After cleaning and reassembly, it ran fine

I've had that happen too. The oil comes through the PCV valve & hose,
into the carb. What a mess.

I'm pretty sure that wasn't what happened to this engine though. First,
the PCV hose didn't have oil in it & second, the carb float bowl had oil
in it & that wouldn't happen if the oil came from the PCV valve (it
would have to flow down the main jet & I don't think that it would do that).

Anyhow, it's cleaned up & running now. But still a Mystery.

Bob