Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
jj jj is offline

Default Bring a gun have some fun in LV

Gunner Asch wrote:

Besides in a decade or so "Federal" body armor will improve to the
point that you need either a .50 cal BMG or a "phased plasma rifle in
the 40-watt range" when the "black helicopters" drop by. :-)

So you want to actually give them time to develop such good body armor?

I was actually making fun of you with that paragraph. (the plasma
rifle line was from the gun store scene in the first Terminator movie)
Butt since you decided to take it seriously...So what are you going to
do about it? Take down a government or hitech company R&D lab and try
to kill some researchers? (like in Terminator 2?)

You do understand that you have the appearence of a mindless hypocrit,
do you not?

Lol, if you say so...I thought I was both correct and realistic.

We can have gun rights, or not. We cannot have both.

What an obvious tautology. So what are you doing to make California a
more gun friendly state? I'd say you're doing a pretty **** poor job.
How'd you let that .50 cal ban pass Gunner?

And what exactly are gun rights? Strictly speaking, since all of my
guns were legally purchased, the gov has a paper trail to every gun I
own. If the gov really goes *fully* and 100% no guns at all, their
paper trail is complete (this could be iffy) and they send a competent
armed team to confiscate, I am toast. Not that I constantly
mull/fantasize how I'll defend the casa but hey it's a sheet rock wood
frame structure and no I have not retrofitted 1.5" steel plate panels
(finally some on topic metal content!!! :-) or fiber reinforced
ballistic mats.

Now you probably have nightly wet dreams about how you, all by your
lonesomes, defend your hq and defeat 21 black masked jackbooted thugs
just like in the movies. Well maybe you get some help from a wonder
pooch and I wouldn't put it past you to have some rather rowdy
perimeter defenses. But as John Carroll pointed out, what good are
small arms against medium and heavy?

Choose, and choose wisely.

I have. I never voted for Dubya and I won't for Palin. I also own
HK.