Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
ATP* ATP* is offline

Default GFCI in ceiling...

"Wes" wrote in message
"ATP*" wrote:

This is why I always keep a few rolls of MC-Lite with me. They
never mention where they want the new circuit...

-- Bruce --

Romex above garage rafters has not been judged to be exposed to physical
damage by NY code officials, unless it's a recent development. Same code,
same rules, different interpretation.

I wonder if this is one of those things where the code office guy can pick
and choose on
how he interprets it?

A year or so ago, when my brother the real electrican was dealing with a
blown archilies
tendon, I was helping him on a few jobs. In some lab benches we wired up,
he used MC
cable where the exposure was limited to the underneath side of a
undertable cabinet.

I'm sure Bruce wants his job to pass everytime and plays it safe. Exposed
is subject to
interpretation and as Bruce mentioned, it isn't worth getting into a fight
with the code
guy.

I remember my brother wanting his home he was building to pass without a
single gripe. I
had to tell him that he might want to leave a gimme or the code guy will
find something
more difficult just to prove he is doing his job. Sad but that is how
things are.

Wes

It's also not always individual interpretation, the inspection
agency/agencies also decide to stress certain regulations and sort of make a
campaign out of it to get the point across. Fire inspections are the same
way.