Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default GFCI in ceiling...

"ATP*" wrote:

This is why I always keep a few rolls of MC-Lite with me. They
never mention where they want the new circuit...

-- Bruce --

Romex above garage rafters has not been judged to be exposed to physical
damage by NY code officials, unless it's a recent development. Same code,
same rules, different interpretation.

I wonder if this is one of those things where the code office guy can pick and choose on
how he interprets it?

A year or so ago, when my brother the real electrican was dealing with a blown archilies
tendon, I was helping him on a few jobs. In some lab benches we wired up, he used MC
cable where the exposure was limited to the underneath side of a undertable cabinet.

I'm sure Bruce wants his job to pass everytime and plays it safe. Exposed is subject to
interpretation and as Bruce mentioned, it isn't worth getting into a fight with the code
guy.

I remember my brother wanting his home he was building to pass without a single gripe. I
had to tell him that he might want to leave a gimme or the code guy will find something
more difficult just to prove he is doing his job. Sad but that is how things are.

Wes