Steve Knight

Default What does sliding Miter Saw do over a non sliding saw

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 02:43:46 GMT, Bay Area Dave wrote:

as long as YOU are happy with the accuracy that's all that matters. I
don't even use my Dewalt CMS for precise cross-cuts. I use a sled. By
using a moving blade and the Bies fence I can quickly cut a number of
boards to exact length and the cut is cleaner than what comes off my
Dewalt, even using an 80 tooth blade. A moving WWII gives a better cut
than the 80 Dewalt. Plus the DeWalt is thin kerf and it WILL flex when
cutting wider boards, even those that aren't very thick, and YES, even
if I go pretty slowly.

well you are using a 12" thin kerf blade what do you expect? try a 1) WW chopsaw
blade a world of difference.

--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes