Steve Knight

Default What does sliding Miter Saw do over a non sliding saw

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 01:47:06 GMT, Bay Area Dave wrote:

it's not as accurate for precision cuts as a non slider. the blade and
motor will will have some lateral slop, in relation to the wood and
table. I quit using my non-slider for super precise cross-cuts. I made
a sled and use the TS for accurate cross-cuts. Like to within .005 or
better.

my makita is as accurate as you are going to get with a good blade. I don't find
the saw flexing at all. it blew away my delta chopsaws for accuracy and they
were not sliders.

--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes