Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,alt.home.repair
RBM[_2_] RBM[_2_] is offline

Default Switching GFCI devices

"Mark" wrote in message
news
When I wired my bath 25 years ago I put the outlet and lights (which had
outlets on them) on a switch. The circuit is Switch - GFCI - Lights.
This was done so the outlets on the lights would be GFCI protected. It
has worked well for 25 years with no false trips.

There's no reason that it shouldn't

"RBM" wrote in message

"Rich." wrote in message

"John Gilmer" wrote in message
net...
Hi:

Because of a specific problem, I picked up a combination SPST switch
and GFCI single outlet with a "load" connection.

Anyway, the instructions clearly say that one should NOT use the switch
to control the input to the GFCI.

Why should that be a problem?

The electronics within the GFI are not designed to be continuously
attacked by the resulting electrical spikes each time the switch is
turned on and off.

Where exactly, did you read that?