Posted to alt.home.repair
DanG DanG is offline

Default Brass cleanout plugs

Our plumbers might try one half hearted time to turn out a brass
plug. If it doesn't turn first lick, the next tool is a hammer
with a chisel. They are kinda meant to be expendable.

--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

"MiamiCuse" wrote in message
I have a few brass cleanout plugs on cast iron risers, they
probably have not been opened in 30 years and would not come out.
I tried a 18" wrench and even a chisel with a hammer to try to
drift it open and it would not move an inch. Soaked with WD-40
let sit for an hour tried again no luck.

I think my only option left is a desctructive method.

Can I drill a hole and start a cut with sawzall to cut a piece
out (like a slice of cake)? and then use a plier to pull it out
once a slice is removed? I don't care about the plug I can
replace it with PVC plugs, but I don't want to destroy the
threads (or whatever threads are left).

MC