Bay Area Dave

Default What does sliding Miter Saw do over a non sliding saw

Mark, you'll find there are a handful of characters here who would argue
with me if I said the sky was blue. I give up trying to reason with
them after the second go-around, usually. They go off topic
constantly, yet they complain about the on-topic discussion of accuracy
that I brought up. If you ever agree with me you'll will be branded by
the low lifes that attempt to control this news group. Mob mentality is
alive and well on the Wreck.

Write something, quick, to me telling me what a useless, shiftless,
demonic, moronic, nitwit I am. Then you'll be in their good graces.

dave

Mark Jerde wrote:

RWM wrote:

You seem to have an interesting way of non answering. The topic was
sliding miter saws vs. non-sliding miter saws, not miter saws vs.
cross cut sleds on a table saw.

With all respect (not looking to pick a fight g) the OP was concerned
about accuracy as the thread progressed. BAD's reply (though I need more
info before I accept his responses at full value) dealt with accuracy.
(Dave -- I use a 10" thin kerf almost exclusively in my TS. ISTM there may
be something else with your setup causing the discernable inaccuracy when
crosscutting. Also, not trying to pic a fight... g) Therefore I find
Dave's comments completely in the thread, though they differ from the
specifics of the original post.

IMHO... g

-- Mark