Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
ATP* ATP* is offline

Default GFCI in ceiling...

"Bruce L. Bergman" wrote in message
On Fri, 28 Aug 2009 17:24:00 -0400, Wes wrote:

Bruce L. Bergman wrote:

Oh, you do know no exposed Romex in the garage, right? Where it is
exposed to damage, you have to use EMT, Flex or BX Cable. You can
cheat and run Romex inside Flex, but it's a pain to work with - go buy
some wire.

No exposed romex? When did that start?

Long time ago - 30-plus years, not long after Romex went into wide
use - if you have it, more likely a lazy electrician and/or lax or no
City/County building inspection. (State for mobile homes.)

Romex can be exposed up in the attic, but that isn't considered to
be exposed to physical damage. (Yeah, Right, Sure...) But not in the
garage walls or rafters if it isn't drywalled for protection.

This is why I always keep a few rolls of MC-Lite with me. They
never mention where they want the new circuit...

-- Bruce --

Romex above garage rafters has not been judged to be exposed to physical
damage by NY code officials, unless it's a recent development. Same code,
same rules, different interpretation.