Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Brass cleanout plugs

"MiamiCuse" wrote in message
I have a few brass cleanout plugs on cast iron risers, they probably have
not been opened in 30 years and would not come out. I tried a 18" wrench
and even a chisel with a hammer to try to drift it open and it would not
move an inch. Soaked with WD-40 let sit for an hour tried again no luck.

I think my only option left is a desctructive method.

Can I drill a hole and start a cut with sawzall to cut a piece out (like a
slice of cake)? and then use a plier to pull it out once a slice is
removed? I don't care about the plug I can replace it with PVC plugs, but
I don't want to destroy the threads (or whatever threads are left).

MC

The threads may already be shot. I'd try heat next. Lots of heat.