Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,alt.home.repair
RBM[_2_] RBM[_2_] is offline

Default Switching GFCI devices

"John Gilmer" wrote in message

We have a winner!! You can't put a single 15 amp outlet on a 20 amp
circuit, because the potential to overload it, and by the same logic, you
wouldn't put a 10 amp or 15 amp switch on a load greater than the switch
capacity, but you certainly can install a 15 amp switch on a bank of
lights that draws 10 amps, which is fed off of a 20 amp circuit.

Can we extend that logic to say that you can put a 15 amp switch on a
"bank" of 15 amp outlets?

Yes you can