Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default "Smart" meters can save the power company

wrote:
On Aug 27, 8:40 pm, "gnu / linux" wrote:
On Aug 26, 5:56 pm, "HeyBub" wrote:

--- begin quote
O.K.
They just left
GET THIS !
They tested with my smart meter with their own power company [equipment] and
VERIFIED it WAS doubling the load!!
THEN they installed another brand new smart meter to test it again.
Well guess what...
The NEW smart meter ALSO SHOWED A DOUBLE USAGE READING!
This is by the power company with their own equipment!
So then they put back on my old analogue meter and tested with that..
Of course it showed almost perfect reading..
--- end quote
http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=117802.0
the nut behind the wheel can make all the difference, tnx 4 the heads
up !

I have yet to hear any logical explanation of exactly how "smart
electric meters" are going to do much of anything to save energy or
enable more green energy. Every single newspaper article discussing
the subject is pure bable and hyperbole. They make claims like "It
will enable power from a windmill three states away to be delivered to
your home. It will allow the solar panels on your neighbors house
to power your home...."

Both of those things are done today with the conventional grid.
Until I see some logical explanation, I'm assuming this is just
another big govt waste, passed in the middle of the night, just
because we HAD to have it. The ones getting rich will be the
companies making and installing all these millions of meters.