Mark Jerde

Default What does sliding Miter Saw do over a non sliding saw

RWM wrote:

You seem to have an interesting way of non answering. The topic was
sliding miter saws vs. non-sliding miter saws, not miter saws vs.
cross cut sleds on a table saw.

With all respect (not looking to pick a fight g) the OP was concerned
about accuracy as the thread progressed. BAD's reply (though I need more
info before I accept his responses at full value) dealt with accuracy.
(Dave -- I use a 10" thin kerf almost exclusively in my TS. ISTM there may
be something else with your setup causing the discernable inaccuracy when
crosscutting. Also, not trying to pic a fight... g) Therefore I find
Dave's comments completely in the thread, though they differ from the
specifics of the original post.

IMHO... g

-- Mark