Mike in Mystic

Default What does sliding Miter Saw do over a non sliding saw

actually you're supposed to pull the head out before beginning the cut, and
push the blade as you make the cut. on a radial arm saw you pull it through
as you make the cut. If you pull the blade through the cut on a sliding
miter saw, you're asking for the workpiece to be thrown at you. On a SCMS
the blade is spinning upwards closest to the operator, whereas on a RAS it
is spinning downwards at this point. It's a big difference and shouldn't be
mixed up.

"Nova" wrote in message
PeterM wrote:

Thanks Swingman........It has a 12" saw blade. It will not move as I'm
cutting right? I just pull it out before I cut, and that then it will
let me cut like the 12". Is that correct? Don't laugh, I'm not
experienced with this. How does the price sound?.....Peter

You start the cut with the head pushed to the back of the saw and pull the
head through the cut.

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA