Posted to alt.home.repair
Suzie-Q[_2_] Suzie-Q[_2_] is offline

Default HELP with Goo-Gone spill!!

In article
,
bstevens wrote:

We have a brand new home. I was cleaning some stickers off the glass
fireplace covers and spilled about half a cup full of goo-gone onto
the fireplace hearth. It's a very light, cream-colored limestone. I
wiped it up as much as I could, but it left a wet-looking spot on the
stone about a foot wide. Is there some way I can get it out? Will it
dissipitate through the stone over time?

I'm thinking of heating it with a small propane torch, perhaps.... a
blow dryer had no effect.

Please help - this is our brand new home, we moved in 1 week ago, and
this looks horrible, right in the living room. Please reply to the
group.

Thanks,
Ron M.

You might try buying some "Spill Magic." It is made
to soak up oil spills. Check your local auto supply
store (Auto Zone, eg.).

--
8^)~ Sue (remove the x to email)
~~~~