Posted to uk.misc,uk.d-i-y,uk.legal
Richard Tobin Richard Tobin is offline

Default Sale of Incandescent Bulbs to End on Tuesday?

In article ,
Andrew Gabriel wrote:

I have been replacing the 60W candle bulbs in a 3-bulb fitting with
the 42W halogen bulbs. They're noticably brighter than the old ones.
If course, the old ones are... old, but I don't think traditional bulbs
deteriorate that much.

They do actually.

Ok, I just did a side-by-side comparison of a conventional Osram 60W
SES bulb and a halogen Osram 42W SES bulb, both new out of the box.
Both are clear bulbs, but I judged them in translucent glass shades,
because that's what the light fitting has. The halogen appeared
slightly brighter.

The halogen is a candle-shaped bulb, the conventional one round; I
don't have identically shaped ones to try.

-- Richard