Posted to uk.misc,uk.d-i-y,uk.legal
Willy Eckerslyke Willy Eckerslyke is offline

Default Sale of Incandescent Bulbs to End on Tuesday?

Huge wrote:

But the OP has a point. The 23W one in the luminaire outside my front door
just failed (after not much more than a year - I have now started writing
the dates on these bulbs so I know how long they really last) and I replaced
it with an 11W since that was what I had. And it's brighter than the 23W
one was.

I know. In the general scheme of things it's all a bit pointless and
mildly irritating, but not the greatest injustice ever inflicted upon us
- as some posts in this thread might imply.

FWIW, I'm still impressed with those expensive Biolbulbs. They're
holding up well, except for the one that I killed by banging my head on
it. I'd probably have bought a couple just for the quality of the light,
regardless of the energy saving. No good with dimmers though.