Posted to uk.misc,uk.d-i-y,uk.legal
Kim Bolton Kim Bolton is offline

Default Sale of Incandescent Bulbs to End on Tuesday?

Bill Wright wrote:

"geraldthehamster" wrote in message

Well, I bought 100 60W pearl bulbs of a reputable brand from an eBay
seller a few months ago, and they arrived intact and well-packed. Come
to think of it, if the dealine is that close for frosted bulbs I need
to order some more, to make sure I have a lifetime's supply.

I have a large number of 100W in stock.

The whole thing is outrageous. Even if you accept the connection between
your choice of light bulb and global warming, how come the Government lets
people make their own decision about, say, air travel, but not about their
choice of light bulb? It isn't as if the alternatives were exact
replacements.

It's about mindset and control.

It's as if you're a squaddy in combat, being put on a charge because
your combat jacket has 'idle ends' or not having the back of your
cap-badge polished. Whether you're fighting the wrong war is an
irrelevance at that level, but the control is total. Similarly with
unplugging phone chargers or using CFLs or leaving your car ticking
over in a traffic jam, they don't address the problem, but your mind
is constantly focussed away from the big issues such as 'is CO2 really
the greatest influencing factor in climate change'.

--
from
Kim Bolton