Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default R.I.P.

On Thu, 27 Aug 2009 19:12:38 -0400, the infamous Wes
scrawled the following:

"Steve W." wrote:

Bloomberg is NOT a Republican. He was a lifelong Democrat. Then switched
to the Republican party just to get elected. He is now an Independent
and has been for 2 years.
It was the 47 DEMOCRATS in the New York City Council who voted to extend
his term after the INDEPENDENT Mayor asked them to.

He ran as a Republican to sidestep Mark Greenberg in a Democrat primary contest. I was
very happy when he declared himself an Independent. Def Independent: Caller to
Washington Journal that is a Democrat.

I wish WJ would add a Libertarian line to their phone list. Might hear Larry call in some
day

That might happen only if I resumed watching TV. After a couple years
without it, I'm truly hooked on the loss. Every once in awhile I'll
turn on the local news, hear 17 minutes of commercials and 13 of
"news", then turn it off for another half a year or so. My TV comes
on only for DVD movies which come in from Netflix, a savings of $90
from the valueless satellite TV subscription. What a nice difference!

I finished putting the metal roofing on the carport today instead of
watching TV. I seem to get a whole lot more projects done these days,
too. TV? Youse guys can keep it.

Got books?

--
A striking fact of the last two years of financial trouble is how
accountability has differed in the public and private spheres. On