Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Tip of the Hat, Primecell

On Thu, 27 Aug 2009 15:04:07 -0600, the infamous Steve Ackman
scrawled the following:

In , on Wed, 26 Aug 2009
06:10:42 -0700, Larry Jaques, novalidaddress@di wrote:

I would have but the investment for a new charger to go with it was
the killer. Hell, I only paid $100 for the Ryobi kit (drill motor,
5-1/4" circular saw motor, 2 batts, charger, and a case.)

I went in to HD a couple months ago for the one and
only purpose of buying two new Ryobi 18v batteries.
The package you cite above (but replace case with tool
bag) was on sale that day for $89. So, $59 for two
batteries, or an extra $30 for a drill motor, saw, and
charger? Do you even have to ask? Not like I *needed*
an extra drill but the chuck jaws on the old one are a
bit uneven, so another one wasn't *exactly* redundant.
;-)

Cool. I just wish the batteries lasted better in the little saws.
they are handy for paneling, but two cuts kills 'em. (14.4v, are the
18v any better?)

--
A striking fact of the last two years of financial trouble is how
accountability has differed in the public and private spheres. On