Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Victor De Long Victor De Long is offline

Default Patio Roof just finished.

So the "sheathing" for lack of a better term is polycarbonate? I haven't
used that before, but I'm about to undertake a similar project at my place.
Deck's already in place, but I want to cover the deck to minimize the bird
poop, and to block the direct sunlight that beats down on the guest quarters
I use for the library. So, easy to work with? How does it age? I assume
it blocks a fair bit of the sunlight? Sorry - nor sure what questions to
throw at you, but anything you can tell me about it would be appreciated.

Thanks

v.

"jloomis" wrote in message
Yes, Yes and of course yes.
Actually this is an easy method of attachment and used for certain jobs.
Depending on "job cost" and what I call "temperature" of job.
If this were a Japanese style, only wood showing, expensive, time
consuming art piece, I would of course use "Hidden Fasteners" larger
beams, and fancy cuts and notches etc.

This is more of a low profile, middle class, covered patio.
I was actually not hired to oil or paint the construction, and half way
through the job the lady asked me if I would.........Darn I say to
myself.....
The brackets are already attached, and I did not paint them.......
We usually spray them darker depending on paint style.....or stain....
Anyway.....

Compare it to a piece of handmade furniture and one bought at Costco.....

Some jobs require more attention to detail.
The owner is quite happy with this method.

I would prefer to build one as "Art Work" and that would be wonderful.
Finding a client who can afford that.....hummmm
john

"Upscale" wrote in message

"jloomis" wrote in message
Tough little job.
Re-modeled an old patio complete from bottom up.
Using polycarbonate.....nice stuff....
Virtually unbreakable......

Looks pretty good, but I'm wondering about the metal brackets holding it
all
together. They stand out quite a bit. Is there any way to hide them or
perhaps paint them a redwood colour?