Nova

Default What does sliding Miter Saw do over a non sliding saw

Tom Kohlman wrote:

Not ever using one, I didn't realize the slider worked like a RAS with a
"pull" across the piece which has the tendency to pull it away from the
fence. Non-slider comes down on the piece and with the rotation of the blade
has a tendency to push the piece back against the fence. I had a RAS as my
main tool for years (loved it) but it was not super accurate on cross-cuts
for that reason.

You made me pull out the manual for my saw. I've been pulling the blade through
the cut since I had the saw. The manual tells me I've been doing it wrong. You
are correct the proper way is to push the saw through the cut.

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA