Posted to uk.misc,uk.d-i-y,uk.legal
Richard Tobin Richard Tobin is offline

Default Sale of Incandescent Bulbs to End on Tuesday?

In article ,
Fleetie wrote:

I read in a newspaper on Sunday or Monday that sale of the above would
be illegal in the UK after the coming Tuesday.

Others have already pointed out that this is not accurate.

But in any case you can still buy the 30%-less-power halogen
bulbs in the traditional format. I can't see any reason not
to use them.

I think it's still legal to import any light bulbs for applications
where there is no alternative, but I don't have the relevant document
to hand.

-- Richard