Posted to uk.misc,uk.d-i-y,uk.legal
Alex Heney Alex Heney is offline

Default Sale of Incandescent Bulbs to End on Tuesday?

On Thu, 27 Aug 2009 12:08:35 +0100, "Jeff" wrote:

"Fleetie" wrote in message
I read in a newspaper on Sunday or Monday that sale of the above would
be illegal in the UK after the coming Tuesday.

So I stocked up on some 40W SES bulbs for my lava lamp in Sainsbury's
last night.

But is this true? There are plenty of applications for incandescent
bulbs that are not simply designed for being the main light sources in
rooms.

I believe that it is only 100W bulbs and frosted pearl bulbs of other
wattages that will be banned.

Initially, yes.

From September 2010, it will be from 75W upwards, from September 2011
it will include everything from 60W upwards, etc.

Altogether there are 6 stages, although I think every size commonly
available will be covered by stage 4 (1 September 2012).
--
Alex Heney, Global Villager
These are only my opinions. You should see my convictions.