Posted to uk.misc,uk.d-i-y,uk.legal
Mike Scott[_2_] Mike Scott[_2_] is offline

Default Sale of Incandescent Bulbs to End on Tuesday?

Jeff wrote:
"Fleetie" wrote in message
I read in a newspaper on Sunday or Monday that sale of the above would
be illegal in the UK after the coming Tuesday.

I believe that it is only 100W bulbs and frosted pearl bulbs of other
wattages that will be banned.

No-one has said what those of us with dimmer systems are supposed to do.
Or maybe they think the low-wattage replacements don't need them,
being dim enough already?

(Errr, I meant the bulbs, but you can take that last either way :-)

--
Mike Scott (unet2 at [deletethis] scottsonline.org.uk)
Harlow Essex England