Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Burying video/audio intercom to front gate

In article ,
SMS wrote:

Generally it's better to regulate DC close to where you'll
be needing it because of the high I squared R losses.

I squared R losses in *fifty feet* of wire used to power a camera and an
intercom? Good grief. This thing is getting way too complicated, on a
number of fronts. Someone's already telling him to rent a backhoe, for
christ's sake. OP can dig an 8" deep trench 50 feet long in an hour with
a pointy shovel, put in some PVC pipe and be done with it.