PeterM

Default What does sliding Miter Saw do over a non sliding saw

Thanks Swingman........It has a 12" saw blade. It will not move as I'm
cutting right? I just pull it out before I cut, and that then it will
let me cut like the 12". Is that correct? Don't laugh, I'm not
experienced with this. How does the price sound?.....Peter

"Swingman" wrote in message
news.com...
In a nutshell, crosscuts a greater width than a non sliding miter saw

usually up to about 12", depending upon blade size.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 9/21/03

"PeterM" wrote in message
I have a chance to buy a 12" sliding DeWalt Miter Saw with a

rollaway
table with wheels etc for 350.- I'm just wondering if I need the

sliding
feature or not.......Any help will be appreciated