Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Yamaha Piano pedal mechanism

"What is ‘reasonably available’ will depend on the particular
circumstances, such as the nature of the product and its
expected useful life. There is no minimum period for a
manufacturer or importer to provide facilities and spare parts
for repair.

There used to be.

However, a manufacturer
or importer will remain liable for damages for up to 10 years if the
failure to provide repair facilities and parts is found to be

unreasonable."

That's interesting. Could you point to a reference?

This is a piano we're talking about, not an iPod. It cost not much shy
of $5000 seven years ago. I'd be surprised if a court found that it was
reasonable to cease supplying parts so soon.

One shouldn't have to go to a court.