Posted to alt.home.repair
Chris Nelson[_2_] Chris Nelson[_2_] is offline

Default Ceiling fan: brands?

On Jul 5, 9:34*pm, Lee B wrote:
Remote control is great in a bedroom.

Yeah. *Instead of controlling the fan at the entrance to the room, you get to
tear the bedsheets apart, look under the bed and nighttables, behind the bed,
and perhaps in several other rooms looking for the remote.

Late response, but...

I had two ceiling fans installed last year - one Hunter, one HD. (All I
could really afford at the time, with the new house). These went into a
bedroom and a den, ie spare bedroom in a 50's house that had no overhead
lights. For the den, I just had *the fan installed with a wall switch to
control the power, and use the attached chains for the light and fan
controls. For the bedroom, I got the remote control and also a wireless
wall switch, that both controlled the receiver in the fan. This has
worked well for me - I can control the fan and/or light from the door,
and then use the remote to turn the light off. And better yet, if it
gets too cool at night, I can turn the fan down without having to get up
and stumble to the door or worse try to find the elusive chains in the dark.

I've thought it would be a nice design if there was a wall unit that
listened to a remote but a wall unit and a remote that both controlled
a box near the fan is OK, too. Where did you get such a setup?