Posted to alt.2eggs.sausage.beans.tomatoes.2toast.largetea.cheerslove,uk.d-i-y
Mack A. Damia Mack A. Damia is offline

Default Tripe

On Wed, 26 Aug 2009 04:05:20 -0700 (PDT), zymurgy
wrote:

On Aug 24, 5:23*pm, Mack A. Damia wrote:
On Mon, 24 Aug 2009 06:25:38 -0700 (PDT), zymurgy wrote:
On Aug 8, 7:12*pm, Mack A. Damia wrote:
On Sat, 8 Aug 2009 14:02:37 +0200, "JennyC"
wrote:

Syd Little wrote
Would you eat this?

http://www.use.com/media/2009/0806/183604/p_001.jpg

[Ramsay]

He mentions, 'Accrington's Stanley' . *Must be the name of the tripe
shop. *I was born in Accy. *Great granny owned a tripe shop in
Clayton.

Ugh, i'm no great fan of Spam, but i'd eat that over tripe.

Spam is okay but as I age (I'm 62) I find that I notice (and can
taste) the enormous amounts of sodium in canned goods - especially Spam.

I've just remembered, there's a variant of Spam in Italy that's not
canned, it's in the cured meat section, called Mortadella.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mortadella

I live in Mexico

Ah. Not much call for spam there then, with all the other good food on
offer .. !

Unless you go to fairly expensive restaurants, you find an awful lot
of beans and rice in Mexican cooking. Boring but predictable with so
much poverty.

One of the Japanese fast-food chains started operating here years ago.
At first it was pretty decent, but then they tailored it more to the
Mexican palate - especially with the sauces and gravies which all seem
to taste the same.

I've had mortadella, and it's very tasty.
--
mad