Posted to uk.d-i-y
jim jim is offline

Default Bladders in water pumps

On 17 Aug, 11:57, Howard Neil wrote:
Howard Neil wrote:
Yes, it's definitely a pressure leak. However, how does the water get
from one side of the bladder to the other without going through it? Yet
I can find no sign of a hole. I have ruled out osmosis as otherwise a
similar effect would have been noticed in other bladders. My only
thought is that there is a hole that only appears when the bladder is
under tension and I hoped there would be someone on uk.d-i-y who could
confirm or deny this possibility.

Still, only half an hour now and I should be able to speak to the main
agents.

I have now spoken to the main agents and they have been most helpful.
They agree that it is probably a small hole in the bladder that only
leaks under pressure. The engineer I spoke to has known this once before
(so, not a common occurrence). They are only £12.87 so not an expensive
repair but they will have to order one from Italy and Italy are all on
holiday during August.

--
Howard Neil

Can you plse describe any symptoms that led you to investigate the
pump in the first place? and how did you actually find that water was
on both sides of the bladder thing?

we have a similar device which is acting a little odd - (very much
quicker to come in and out than it used to be...)

thanks
JimK