Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Large surface grinder-craigslist

On Tue, 25 Aug 2009 18:11:37 -0700, "Calif Bill"
wrote:

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 24 Aug 2009 21:18:02 -0700, "Calif Bill"
wrote:

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
On Mon, 24 Aug 2009 09:55:29 -0400, Randy wrote:

On Fri, 21 Aug 2009 12:32:23 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Fri, 21 Aug 2009 08:38:48 -0400, Randy wrote:

On Thu, 20 Aug 2009 09:44:36 -0700 (PDT), rigger
wrote:

I don't have any interest in this grinder but when I saw
the price and photo I knew I had to post it.

Large Surface Grinder - $250 (Chico) (California)

Date: 2009-08-19, 8:47PM PDT
Reply to: [Errors when replying
to ads?]

This is a large Landis surface grinder with a 12" wheel and a 6" x
18"
magnetic chuck in good condition for only $250. Please call KARL at
895-3838 extension #48 between the hours of 6:00 am and 2:30 pm,
Monday thru Thursday

Surface grinders aren't worth crap I've been trying to sell an 8 x 24
for $400 and it will not sell, the chuck is worth $600. I'm going to
cut it up for scrap and just save the chuck.

I did buy an absolutely beautiful Brown and Sharpe Techmaster 8 x24
for $2000 about a year ago. So low prices can be good too.

Thank You,
Randy

Remove 333 from email address to reply.

Landis made various surface grinders..but based on the info..it sounds
far more like an OD grinder. Which Landis made their name on. Good
stuff
Maynard.

per the picture its a surface grinder, looks like a hand cranked model
to me.

http://chico.craigslist.org/tls/1332333889.html

Thank You,
Randy

Remove 333 from email address to reply.

That indeed IS a surface grinder.

One sees far more Landis OD grinders than Surface Grinders. I almost
brought one home from the factory I just tore down...but didnt have a
truck big enough to move it.

http://www.usedequip.com/q/showdlist...03000,10140591

An example...shrug

Gunner

Whenever a Liberal utters the term "Common Sense approach"....grab your
wallet, your ass, and your guns because the sombitch is about to do
something damned nasty to all three of them.

Heck, 16,000 pounds of scrap at only 10 cents a pound would make a nice
profit. 25 cents would make a really nice profit.

In california..they are paying .30 per pound in some places.

8 tons does require some special handling techniques though.

Gunner

Whenever a Liberal utters the term "Common Sense approach"....grab your
wallet, your ass, and your guns because the sombitch is about to do
something damned nasty to all three of them.

Not really, just a bigger truck than I have. But I could tow the trailer
with it.

So you would simply stick a dolly under it and move it out to the
trailer?