Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gerald Miller Gerald Miller is offline

Default Tip of the Hat, Primecell

On Tue, 25 Aug 2009 17:21:31 -0700, "Calif Bill"
wrote:

"RBnDFW" wrote in message
Winston wrote:
Hi all,

On recommendation from y'all, I sent several
of my worn-out power tool batteries to PrimeCell
for rebuilding.
http://www.primecell.com/

I had occasion to test one yesterday.
Mounted a wire wheel to my drill motor so I could
clean up the outside of some copper pipe.

Dayum. Lots of power and it just kept going and
going. I completed a 'three battery' job on just
one battery charge, and it still had plenty of power left.
With tax and shipping, each cost about $28 to rebuild.

I could not be happier!

I have contemplated that.
But then I can buy a new HF 19.2V with two batteries for $20.

But the amphours on those HF suck most likely. I bought an 18V craftsman
drill a few years ago. I use it to raise and lower the jacks on the 1400#
truck camper. The Craftsman on a good day, might raise and lower the unit
with the use of both batteries. The Dewalt, will raise and lower and raise
again with 1 battery.
at least before the batteries started dying.

Got a crapsman 9.6V for Christmas '91 and was happy with it till the
battery died about four years ago when I was given a12V one with two
batteries. Worst POS I've ever seen - the batteries wouldn't hold
charge more for more than three days. I rebuilt the 9.6 with cells
from a Princess Auto "clearance" pack. I currently use a 12V Ryobi
with a battery rebuilt from the same source. As soon as I find that
"tuit" I will rebuild the other two packs and have two drills.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada