Posted to alt.home.repair

Default grill as a fire pit

On Mon, 24 Aug 2009 23:52:36 -0400, Aaron Fude
wrote:

Hi,

I have a ton of scraps from home construction and rather than throw it
out I'd like to burn it. (Many reasons: nails, limits on trash amount
and weight, would use soot on my compost pile.) I don't have a proper
fire pit but I do have a large bowl grill. Anything wrong with using it
as a fire pit?

Thanks,

Aaron

Usually burning wood in a grill will ruin it due to the longer-lasting
higher temperatures. The burning wood will also bend the grate used
for cooking. Too much ash in the compost is not good either, it will
make it alkaline. You can alway bury the scraps.