Posted to alt.home.repair
SMS SMS is offline

Default Best washer under $600?

ransley wrote:

None are made like they used to be, a commercial unit will last
longest, we had one last maybe 30- 35 years.

A commercial Speed Queen (which I have both at home, and in a rental
unit) will last the longest, but these now cost more than $600 new. I
think they are now around $800--without the coin slide. It will probably
last 50 years in occasional use, plus it's very easy to repair (at least
the 1963 model that I bought used and that lasted until about 2000, was
easy to repair). Had it not spend the first 22 years of its operation in
a laundromat, it would likely still be in use today.