Posted to uk.d-i-y
Matty F Matty F is offline

Default I finished the clamp!

I was making a clamp to match an old one that holds the lid on a large
electric motor.
The finished clamp in place on the motor:
http://i26.tinypic.com/n6f3o0.jpg

It still needs to be painted black. What a pity!
The patent date on the motor is Oct 9, 1888

The finished clamp together with the original that had to be copied:
http://i32.tinypic.com/fwhsgz.jpg

To save cutting a huge block of steel, an extension was welded on the
handle. The weld was tidied up with an angle grinder!
http://i25.tinypic.com/eiqmr.jpg

I tried my hand at forging this rusty old bolt by heating it up red
hot and flattening the head with a big hammer. I cut the thread much
further:
http://i25.tinypic.com/2qmes9l.jpg

Halfway through chopping up the big block of steel, in case you missed
the earlier discussion:
http://i25.tinypic.com/27yuxz6.jpg