Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default POPCORN CEILING REPAIR

"SteveB" wrote in
:

I've seen a lot of repairs that just didn't make the grade on that
stuff. On our first house, we had some water damage to such a ceiling
and instead of trying to match it up, simply took down all the
popcorn (steam brings it down quite easily) and re-did the entire
ceiling with a paint/sand mix.

-- Rik

The only real cure for popcorn ceilings is removal.

Steve

True. I've done that one.

But also want to mention this previous post of mine. Repairs often only
noticed by me or if it's pointed out to someone.

Subject: Popcorn ceiling
Newsgroups: PeoplePC:alt.home.repair
To: in2dadark

in2dadark wrote in news:25aefee7-6fd0-455b-96d8-
:

There are a couple of spots on my popcorn ceiling that lost its pop.
Can I repair this with spackle and a sponge or do they sell somehthing
more specific for this.?
Thanks.

The sprays are expensive and a real crapshoot. I found the product below
at the Blue Borg. It works quite well if you ask me considering the low
rate of success most have fixing popcorn. Premixed. The popcorn itself
is actually polystyrene chips. Matching is just a matter of how good you
get at doing it. Dab on with a cheap paint brush. Don't like what you're
getting just wipe it off with wet rag. Let it dry and paint with ceiling
paint. Paid 5 bucks for a qt. Goes a long way. Wish I found it long ago
actually.

http://homaxproducts.com/products/texture/14/index.html