Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking
Winston Winston is offline

Default Why I hate Norm Abrams

Lee Michaels wrote:
"stan" wrote

But number of times have been asked to assist people assemble some
items, who don't even have a hammer or screwdriver in the house! So
one ends up using a dinner knife to take out a screw or going home to
get one's own tools!
==================

Yep, I was part of a business startup once. A bunch of guys in newly rented
offices. And I brought some tools in a crate in case they were needed. I
suddenly became the local tool store and general fix it wizard. My
qualifications?? I actually owned some tools and brought them to work! It
was a constant battle to get the tools back. Everyone wanted to use the
tools, but nobody wanted to give them back.

Been there done that, lost the screwdriver.

I worked at a computer manufacturer under contract.
I finally put a stop to tool theft by buying each
of the engineers a small tool kit with all the
essentials for servicing 'our' model of computer.

That was the smartest 500 bucks I ever spent because
It stopped the chronic interruptions and freed up
the time I spent looking for tools that had gone
walkabout.

--Winston