Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
William Wixon William Wixon is offline

Default Buy Aluminum

"RBnDFW" wrote in message
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009...ant-death-toll

i was hoping the opposite would be true too, "SELL aluminum". stopped by
the scrap man today, was hoping he was going to tell me aluminum prices are
off the charts, he said he's buying cast at $0.35 and extrusions at $0.50.
ok but not unbelievable. he hadn't heard about the hydroelectric dam
catastrophe in russia, i told him i read the aluminum plant near the dam
produces 30% of the world's aluminum, he told me (can't remember exactly but
it was something about) some organization in london england has stockpiles
of aluminum enough to last for the next 150 years, so he was saying aluminum
prices aren't going to fluctuate that much, at least scrap prices.

b.w.