Posted to alt.home.repair
Roger Shoaf Roger Shoaf is offline

Default POPCORN CEILING REPAIR

I think that the popcorn or perhaps more properly sprayed acoustical texture
was an idea that was not too good. When I need to deal with one of these
buggers, first I will poke it a bit with my finger to see if the stuff is
hard or if it will come off easily.

If hard I just roll paint over it, if soft I use a floor scraper and remove
it.

--

Roger Shoaf

they come up with this striped stuff.

"JIMMIE" wrote in message
I had a spot on a textured ceiling that needed repair so to texture
the patch I sprayed a liitle paint on it to act as an adhesive then
literally placed crushed popcorn on it. Sprayed some more paint on it
to seal it up and it looks great.

Jimmie