Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] tnom@mucks.net is offline

Default honda model hrt216sdr lawn mower

On Sun, 23 Aug 2009 16:03:27 +0000,
(comeonin37) wrote:

-------------------------------------

I have a honda mower model HRT216SDA.

I replaced the transmission and clutch arm because the clutch arm was
worn as well as the tip that extends up from the transmission where the
clutch arm attached as well as installing a new belt.

The problems is when I pull the drive control cable the wheels will turn
but it has no pulling power.

With the blade disengaged and the drive engaged does the transmission
drive shaft develop torque?

I can see the cable move and when I lift the real wheels off the ground
the wheels turn, but as soon as I put the wheels back on the ground the
mower will not move.

Before reinstalling I checked the gears in the wheels as well as the
pinion gears and could see no wear.

Is the ratchet key and spring free to work? Part #6 and #7
http://www.planopower.com/store/hond...ropelled.shtml

Did you position the pinion gear properly upon re-installation? It is
easy to install backwards. If installed backwards it will drive the
wheel but will have no torque. When the slope on the gear is
backwards the ratchet key will be pushed inward instead of
staying out and catching on the gear.

A easy way to check this backwardness without disassembling the
wheel is to roll the mower backwards on the driveway, mower off.
If the pinion is backwards the wheel will NOT rotate because the
ratchet key is catching the steep slope of the pinion instead of the
mild slope.

Any help would be appreciated