Posted to alt.home.repair

Default honda model hrt216sdr lawn mower

-------------------------------------

I have a honda mower model HRT216SDA.

I replaced the transmission and clutch arm because the clutch arm was
worn as well as the tip that extends up from the transmission where the
clutch arm attached as well as installing a new belt.

The problems is when I pull the drive control cable the wheels will turn
but it has no pulling power.

I can see the cable move and when I lift the real wheels off the ground
the wheels turn, but as soon as I put the wheels back on the ground the
mower will not move.

Before reinstalling I checked the gears in the wheels as well as the
pinion gears and could see no wear.

Any help would be appreciated

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 23, 12:03�pm, (comeonin37)
wrote:
-------------------------------------

I have a honda mower model HRT216SDA.

�I replaced the transmission and clutch arm because the clutch arm was
worn as well as the tip that extends up from the transmission where the
clutch arm attached as well as installing a new belt.

�The problems is when I pull the drive control cable the wheels will turn
but it has no pulling power.

�I can see the cable move and when I lift the real wheels off the ground
the wheels turn, but as soon as I put the wheels back on the ground the
mower will not move.

�Before reinstalling I checked the gears in the wheels as well as the
pinion gears and could see no wear.

Any help would be appreciated

Maybe the cable needs adjusting. I had a guy bring me a mower and he
said the tranny was out (Craftsman) because it wouldn't move after
putting into gear. After I checked it out, the tranny was good. The
problem was 1 flat tire. The tire was spinning on the rim and he
couldn't see it while sitting on the mower or he was looking at the
other tire. I fixed the flat, but didn't tell him until the time he
picked it up. When I called him to tell him it was ready, I told him I
rebuilt the tranny and he owed me 150 bucks. When I told him the
truth, and that he only owed me $15, he almost passed out. Anyway,
check the tires. :-)

Hank

Posted to alt.home.repair

The Stucco site is not a help forum, it's an
*advertising* forum that invades real forums
(like "alt.home.repair", part of "usenet")
parasitically in order to generate free
advertising for itself, which continually
advances its search engine placement, thereby
increasing its own revenue through its click-
through advertising commissions.

So the first thing you should do is write them
an email and tell them to quit spamming.

Then try to find your way here through proper
channels. Please do a google search on "Usenet"
and post the regular way.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"comeonin37" wrote in
message
oups.com...

Delivered via http://www.thesuckocompany.com/
alt.home.repair - 370633 SPAM messages and counting!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 23 Aug 2009 16:03:27 +0000,
(comeonin37) wrote:

-------------------------------------

I have a honda mower model HRT216SDA.

I replaced the transmission and clutch arm because the clutch arm was
worn as well as the tip that extends up from the transmission where the
clutch arm attached as well as installing a new belt.

The problems is when I pull the drive control cable the wheels will turn
but it has no pulling power.

With the blade disengaged and the drive engaged does the transmission
drive shaft develop torque?

I can see the cable move and when I lift the real wheels off the ground
the wheels turn, but as soon as I put the wheels back on the ground the
mower will not move.

Before reinstalling I checked the gears in the wheels as well as the
pinion gears and could see no wear.

Is the ratchet key and spring free to work? Part #6 and #7
http://www.planopower.com/store/hond...ropelled.shtml

Did you position the pinion gear properly upon re-installation? It is
easy to install backwards. If installed backwards it will drive the
wheel but will have no torque. When the slope on the gear is
backwards the ratchet key will be pushed inward instead of
staying out and catching on the gear.

A easy way to check this backwardness without disassembling the
wheel is to roll the mower backwards on the driveway, mower off.
If the pinion is backwards the wheel will NOT rotate because the
ratchet key is catching the steep slope of the pinion instead of the
mild slope.

Any help would be appreciated