Posted to alt.home.repair
Willie The Wimp Willie The Wimp is offline

Default Tiny toilet leak

On Sun, 23 Aug 2009 15:19:54 -0500, The Daring Dufas wrote:

I've seen flappers that look OK develop a leak. There are
kits that contain an insert to take the place of the existing
valve seat and a new flapper. I would use one of those if
there were any nicks in the valve seat. Here's a good guide:

http://www.doityourself.com/stry/h2repairtoilet

That was a help.

Turns out what I got is a Fluidmaster Flusher Fixer Kit
from 15-20 years ago. Looks plenty different from the
one they sell now.

All I need is a flapper, near as I can tell, but I
guess I may have to buy a new FFFK, rip the old one
out, and replace it.

Unless someone knows where I can get just a flapper?

Thx,
Willie