Posted to uk.d-i-y
geoff geoff is offline

Default Copper pipe joining ... (Without a sleeve)

In message , Gordon Henderson
writes
In article ,
Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
Gordon Henderson writes:

It does seem to make for a neater join with only one soldering required
as opposed to both sides of a sleeve... Is there a magic tool to expand
the end of the pipe without it splitting?

Yes, a tube expander.

Guess I didn't google for the obvious then !!!

Thanks (And to denis@home)

£210 for the gadget... Shiny new toy... but I think I'll stick to sleeves!

Yes, its not what a professional would use

The proper (cheaper ones) are hammered home to expand the pipe to create
a sleeve. I used one when I last replaced my boiler

--
geoff