Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Taping the bathroom under remodeling

On Aug 23, 10:56*am, Mike Alternate wrote:
"Mike Alternate" wrote in message
My contractor uses SHEETROCK® Drywall Joint Tape to tape outside the shower
stall and a "classic" fiberglass mesh joint tape FibaTape inside the stall.

While the latter is mold-resistant, is it still good only for outside of
the shower stall, and a more advanced FibaTape Mold-X10 should be used
inside?

Or would it be years (if ever) until I see the difference?

*If the shower stall is lined with cement board then fiberglass tape and
thinset is correct. *If it is drywall then nothing will help.

Why don't you just ask him why he is doing it that way?

A good portion of the *shower stall is lined with cement board but some
"less exposed" ones areas are lined with Sheetrock, like the rest of
the bathroom. But I am wondering if using a paper-based tape anywhere
in the bathroom is a good idea, especially on the untiled (painted)
wall on the side of the sink?

I decided to post my question here after the contractor said there is
no point to set the max temperature limitation on the valve. It was a
red flag to me.- Hide quoted text -

I decided to post my question here after the contractor said there
is no point to set the max temperature limitation on the valve. It was
a red flag to me.

I didn't set the max temp for either of my 2 showers. My "kids" are
old enough that scolding is not a concern and I don't want to be
limited to a certain range for those times when I'm trying to eke the
last drop of hot water out of my tank.

Just like asking him *why* he's using 2 different types of tape, did
you ask him *why* he said there was no point is setting the max temp
on the valve? If he has a valid reason, then maybe you can lower that
red flag.