Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_6_] Leon[_6_] is offline

Default Why I hate Norm Abrams

"manyirons" wrote in message

I had been thinking I might exchange deckblocks for a concrete pad
under my shed (and if that goes well, maybe someday a foundation for a
whole detached shop). I had also been thinking I'd do it myself. You
didn't tell us what sort of details you would have missed that the
contractors didn't. What's so important that isn't obvious (to me)?

- Owen -

Please don't take this the wrong way but have you heard, I don't know
enough to know what I don't know?

Would you consider putting a vapor barrier down under the slab? Do you plan
on mixing all of the concrete yourself? What strength concrete will you be
using? What thickness? Will you have footings? What kind of reinforcemet
will you be using? What kind of soil will you be pouring on top of? That
is a "start"